Last updated: July 14, 2020
At OM COMPANY INC. (the “Om”, “Company”, “we” or “us”), we use our website and other internet-based tools for the following purpose:
Om provides tools that allow its users to access legal forms, review financial or insurance options, and manage their general financial health.
We are required to collect and retain information about the people that access and use the Website (“Users” or “you”). This Policy applies to our privacy practices on all communications between the Company and Users, including but not limited to communication via:
- the Company website (including the website hosted at www.Om.com and any other web domain used by the Company to communicate with users now or in the future);
- any mobile, computer, or tablet-based application currently offered by Company or developed in the future by the Company; and
- all other services provided by the Company, as described on the Website (Items 1 to 3 are collectively referred to as the "Website").
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By purchasing a service and using the Website, you acknowledge and consent to us using the information collected from You in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). This opt-in form of consent will be deemed as meaningful consent. Users of our Website must be 18 years of age or older.
Personal information by the Website from users will be used in a way that is integral to the provision of the services provided by the Website. The content of the Materials are intended for your use, as such we do not review the Materials and make the Service available to you as a repository for convenience only.
We do not share your information with third parties, except:
- to comply with any law, such as sharing with law enforcement or government agency, and only done so when required by law;
- when you claim a discounted offer from a relevant (sponsoring) third-party;
- when you leave a gift in your will to a registered non-profit organization and opt-in to sharing your information with them;
COOKIES AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
The Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. to compile reports on visitor usage and to help improve our Website.
For an overview of Google Analytics, please visit: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/
At Om we take data security very seriously, that is why we use encryption technology in the storage of electronic data.
We will store your information only in electronic format, on industry-standard servers that we have selected. Except where required to do so by law, we will not store your personal information in any physical or paper-based format.
The servers we select to store information engage security software and generally accepted standards to protect personal information. The software used by these servers is intended to prevent unauthorized access or improper use.
However, no security system is perfect and there is always a risk of unauthorized parties accessing your personal information. Therefore, we make no guarantees or representations as to the technical or legal compliance of the servers we use. We cannot guarantee the complete protection and security of your personal information.
Some servers may be located outside of Canada, and thus are potentially subject to the privacy and security laws in force in other countries. If you have concerns about your personal information being stored electronically in foreign jurisdictions, please contact us before proceeding to use the Website.